Development & Program Coordinator, Oro Valley, Arizona
Job: Development & Program Coordinator in Oro Valley, Arizona. IN-PERSON – preference is given to qualified local candidates in the Tucson Metro area.
Are you a data-driven individual that loves to organize and manage databases? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), home-based in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking a Full-Time Development & Program Coordinator who will be responsible for maintaining WNPA’s member/donor database involving WNPA’s 71 partnering national park sites in 12 western states.
WNPA is seeking a data-driven, detail-oriented, and organized individual who will support the Senior Development & Program Coordinator and be responsible for managing the member/donor database to ensure data is accurate and input in a timely manner. This position will require you to act as a steward and spokesperson among internal/external customers. If you love inputting, organizing, and analyzing data, creating meaningful relationships, and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Manage the member/donor database and ensure data is accurate across organizational systems. Performs regular customer data maintenance and updates.
- Oversees records management of multiple databases to insure quality data that is both timely and accurate.
- Process new memberships, membership renewals, and individual donations.
- Follows policy/procedures to ensure all member/donor information and gifts are processed accurately and timely.
- Manage monthly audit and reconciliation process with the accounting department.
- Generate reports to segment audiences for tailored member/donor communications, accurate mailing lists, and timely donor acknowledgments.
- Reporting of statistics on areas of responsibility to include attendance, income, evaluation of events, and other key metrics to determine the success of efforts.
- Support the Senior Development Coordinator to increase memberships for the organization.
- Provide internal and external customer service. Respond to requests for information from the general public, internal departments, and take steps necessary to resolve them.
- Identify new and build relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs), partner organizations, and associates for education and outreach efforts.
- Coordinate programs and outreach events.
- In collaboration with the Senior Development Coordinator, execute written, printed, digital, and phone correspondence to support the new member engagement process, membership renewals, and individual gifts.
- Write and send messages of thanks to SMEs, organizations, and community groups.
- Maintain and enhance cooperative relationships with representatives of the community, consumer, employee, or public as a representative of the organization.
- Coach volunteer staff in effective communication with the public, employees, and partners.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned or requested.
Occasional travel may be required to various local events or speaking engagements. Weekend work for programs and outreach events is required.
Physical demands for this role are administrative in nature. For a specific list of physical demands, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Two years’ database management experience.
- Previous demonstrated experience supporting a membership program.
- Previous demonstrated experience scheduling education and outreach events.
- Experience with member/donor databases, email-marketing software, Point of Sale systems, and e-commerce platforms is preferred.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Ability to make independent judgments and maintain attention throughout the performance of duties.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, multitasking, interpersonal, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and effectively and diplomatically communicate, verbally and in writing, to visitors, employees, board of directors, members, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations.
- Experience with a variety of computer programs including but not limited to the Internet, databases, Video conferencing software (i.e. Zoom) and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams and SharePoint).
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you with an outstanding employee benefits package and support. As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for:
- Choice of 3 premium subsidized PPO Medical plans with built-in HSA or HRA, PPO Dental, Vision, Flex Medical Savings Plan, Dependent Care Savings Plan, Optional Voluntary Term Life, and 403(b) Retirement Plan with a fully vested 100% match up to 8.33% of income after 6 months service.
- Company Paid Benefits include: Short- & Long-Term Disability, a $50,000 Employee Group Life policy, EAP, and Health & Wellness resources.
- Eleven paid holidays, additional paid floating holiday, accrued paid vacation, and sick time.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in-store.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. WNPA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.