Full-Time Accounting Assistant in Oro Valley, Arizona
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Western National Parks Association (WNPA) helps make the national park experience possible for everyone. As a nonprofit education partner of the National Park Service, WNPA supports parks across the West, developing products, services, and programs that enhance the visitor experience, understanding, and appreciation of national parks. Since 1938 WNPA has worked to connect new generations to parks in meaningful ways, all with one simple goal: create advocates who want to preserve and protect these special places for everyone, for all time.
Western National Parks Association (WNPA) seeks a full-time Accounting Assistant. This entry-level position is responsible for a variety of tasks in support of the Western National Parks Association (WNPA) Finance/Accounting Department, including but not limited to, inventory management, accounts payable support, and other administrative duties as they relate to the department’s efforts.
- Assists with activities related to inventory receipts, ensuring timely processing of vendor invoices.
- Monitors the accounting invoice mailbox, timely processing all incoming emails for vendor payment.
- Assists in the preparation and verification of supporting documentation required for vendor payable processing, to include reviewing invoices and purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with WNPA financial policies and procedures.
- Works with purchasing team to revise inventory item costs to ensure accurate pricing and cost of goods sold.
- Provides accounting support to accounting staff as needed.
- Performs other related accounting/finance duties and functions as management might assign from time to time.
- Conduct all administrative and supportive tasks in a timely fashion.
- Perform all clerical duties including, but not limited to, routine scanning/mail distribution, filing, data entry.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and customer service skills throughout all functions of the job including, but not limited to, internal and external customers, volunteer staff, home office staff, field staff, special event staff, committees and board members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of standard accounts payable procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of basic input, output, error correction, and general ledger account structure.
- Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
- Understanding and ability to interpret vendor invoices and statements and other requests for payment.
- Familiarity with WNPA accounting system (SAGE Pro) and inventory management system (RetailPro), or ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and vendors.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and communication skills are required.
- Must possess computer skills with Microsoft Office suite products to include but not limited to, internet, email, word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Make independent judgments and maintain attention throughout the performance of duties.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks and respond to deadlines.
- Be able to work alone and in a team environment.
- Most work tasks are performed inside, where the temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud during high customer volume or special events. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions (special events, etc.). Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with customers, volunteers, supervisors/managers, directors and co-workers.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision, depth perception and color vision.
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Requires manual and finger dexterity to be able to operate all necessary equipment such as but limited to; computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
May occasionally be required to travel to various WNPA sites or to other events.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
This role must have the following qualifications and/or experience unless otherwise noted:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of accounts payable practices, general accounting principles and internal controls.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you excellent employee benefits and support. As a full-time employee you will be eligible for:
- Employee Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Health & Wellness Resources.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in store.
**Human Resources will provide more details upon hire.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
The Western National Parks Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.