Full-Time Graphic Designer in Oro Valley, Arizona. REMOTE, IN OFFICE or HYBRID
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Full-Time Graphic Designer in Oro Valley, Arizona. REMOTE, IN OFFICE or HYBRID – preference given to qualified local candidates in the Tucson Metro area.
Are you passionate about graphic design and the process of creating content? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), home-based in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking a Full-Time Graphic Designer who will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and executing all print and digital collateral and advertising to help meet organizational goals.
WNPA is seeking a dedicated, ambitious, and creative collaborator who will take on creating content for a wide audience working with WNPA’s more than 70 retail stores across 12 Western states. This position works under the direction of the Sr. Graphic Designer and must have outstanding creative skills along with superior attention to detail to create and produce outstanding digital and printed materials. If you love creative problem-solving, cultivating social connections, and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Designing and producing all digital and printed materials (e.g. print ads, flyers, emails, web content, social media posts, brochures, newsletters, handouts, logos, and campaign marks, etc.) to support departments within the organization (e.g. retail, programming, philanthropy, human resources, accounting, etc.) and adhering to the WNPA brand guide.
- Managing the production process of print projects from start to finish, including corresponding with vendors, obtaining cost estimates, obtaining approval for costs, creating and sending transmittal memos, preparing files for printing, and supervising the manufacturing, delivery, and quality control of the project.
- Designing and producing publications including photo research and editing working with the publishing team.
- Creating design solutions that are targeted to and appeal to a wide range of audiences including people who are advocates/supporters of national parks, National Park Service partners, WNPA board members, WNPA’s members, donors, and internal staff.
- Designing park-specific logos for use on collectibles and apparel.
- Developing and designing e-commerce specific email marketing promotions.
- Helping manage client communication for marketing and design projects.
- Adhering to project and departmental budgets.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to develop an overarching marketing and brand strategy.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to create and refine standard operating procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintaining awareness of the market landscape from a design perspective by studying trends and conducting competitive analysis.
- Inputting and maintaining accurate schedules, cost, specification, and administrative data and content in all required systems promptly.
- Keeping accurate records of project history (including archiving final files, proof history, production quotes, and other information pertinent to the project) and accurate notes/recommendations for future projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Occasional travel is required for meetings, conferences, and visits to partner parks. Remote positions may require frequent travel to the home office based in Tucson.
Physical demands for this role are administrative in nature, with an occasional need to work under natural elements. For a specific list of physical demands, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or relevant field.
- Minimum three years of experience in print and digital design.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Illustration skills a plus.
- Must possess intermediate-level computer skills, including but not limited to internet, databases, Microsoft Office Suite, and project management software (e.g. Asana).
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to present/convey information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Proficiency with Apple computers in an OSX environment.
- Experience with client management.
- Experience in negotiating with print and other vendors.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- High level of proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
- and Acrobat.
- Ability to monitor budgets and expenditures.
- Must be comfortable with learning and using new hardware and software programs as introduced into the work environment.
- Working knowledge of electronic editing, specifically PDF markup.
- Working knowledge of HTML, and CSS a plus.
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp or other email marketing software.
- Knowledge of project development, management, and oversight standards.
- Understanding of digital media and website promotions and communications.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining positive professional relationships.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you with an outstanding employee benefits package and support. As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for:
- Choice of 3 premium subsidized PPO Medical plans with built-in HSA or HRA, PPO Dental, Vision, Flex Medical Savings Plan, Dependent Care Savings Plan, Optional Voluntary Term Life, and 403(b) Retirement Plan with a fully vested match of 8.33% after 6 months service.
- Company Paid Benefits include: Short- & Long-Term Disability, a $50,000 Employee Group Life policy, EAP, and Health & Wellness resources.
- Eleven paid holidays, additional paid floating holiday, accrued paid vacation, and sick time.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in-store.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. WNPA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.