Full-Time Great Plains Operations Manager in Oro Valley, Arizona. HYBRID
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Full-Time Operations Manager in Oro Valley, Arizona. HYBRID
Position may be based out of Oro Valley, AZ or remote regionally in an area that permits ease of travel between AZ, CO, KS, MT, NE, and WY locations.
Are you a passionate and collaborative retail leader looking for an exciting next step in your career? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), home-based in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking a Full-Time Operations Manager who will lead, manage, and organize retail stores located in the Great Plains region which consists of stores in Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Wyoming, and Nebraska, to successfully execute all operational tactics and create a visitor experience that aligns with WNPA’s Mission and Goals to build public awareness of the Great Plains retail stores included within WNPA’s 71 partnering national park sites in 12 western states.
WNPA is seeking a flexible, team, solution-oriented, and hands-on leader who will lead and support the Great Plains region retail park store teams and be responsible for driving success in all organizational objectives and goals at the store level relating to sales, staffing needs, visitor experience, execution of visual merchandising and adherence to brand identity, and expenses. If you love leading and mentoring a team, have a passion for retail, and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Responsible for the overall budget, sales, and expense results by store.
- Preparing sales analysis and inventory reports monthly to provide recommendations based on KPIs.
- Managing monthly inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory counts as required for audit and performance purposes.
- Assisting with recruiting of park store managers and staff; providing training, coaching, supervision, and preparing and delivering staff evaluations, as required.
- Conducting bi-annual visits to each park site for training, partnership building, and to perform operational audits.
- Developing annual operating plans in collaboration with NPS for each location within the region.
- Evaluating new and existing products and advising field staff on appropriate product mix, merchandising, customer service, signage, and other associated functions.
- Working with park store managers and WNPA’s Purchasing & Product Development Manager to create new approvals and gain NPS product approval. Providing support to education & outreach, marketing, and philanthropic programs in the parks as needed.
- Providing primary support for field retail events, shows, and programs as required.
- Researching and resolving discrepancies in all reports from the field.
- Reviewing timecards and expense reports for accuracy and approving them for processing.
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures, loss prevention, inventory control standards, store maintenance, human resources, and safety issues. Providing training and coaching where needed and appropriate.
- Reviewing appropriate contracts, agreements, and new or existing activities from a financial, budgetary, and risk perspective. Participating in management team activities, i.e. training, meetings, etc.
- Providing support and assistance to the Director of Retail in departmental administrative functions.
- Performing other related duties, as assigned.
The Operations Manager travels to assigned WNPA sites or special events. Must be able to travel by car and/or be willing to travel by air. Occasional overnight trips may be required. Approximately one-third to one-half of the time will be spent providing support to field staff, overseeing operations and building strong, effective relationships with partner park staff.
Physical demands for this role are operational in nature. For a specific list of physical demands, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Retail or Consumer Sciences, Marketing, Public or Business Administration, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional supervisory retail sales experience, preferably in a National Park Store or similar museum, park, or specialty retail environment, is required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Areas of experience and expertise with retail marketing strategy, retail promotions and visual merchandising, consumer concepts and theory, non-store and interactive retailing are a plus.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all WNPA personnel, NPS, the Board, volunteers, and members of the public.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Make independent judgments and maintain attention throughout the performance of duties.
- Work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet goals.
- Must be able to effectively use a Point of Sale (POS) system and other new technology and provide training and guidance to park staff on same system.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to create, analyze and interpret sales models and reports, and compose reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Must demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analyzing, problem solving, multitasking, and interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Effectively and diplomatically communicate–verbally and in writing–to visitors, employees, members, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Must possess computer skills with Microsoft Office suite products including but not limited to internet, email, word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and databases.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you with an outstanding employee benefits package and support. As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for:
- Choice of 3 premium subsidized PPO Medical plans with built-in HSA or HRA, PPO Dental, Vision, Flex Medical Savings Plan, Dependent Care Savings Plan, Optional Voluntary Term Life, and 403(b) Retirement Plan with a fully vested 100% match up to 8.33% of income after 6 months service.
- Company Paid Benefits include: Short- & Long-Term Disability, a $50,000 Employee Group Life policy, EAP, and Health & Wellness resources.
- Eleven paid holidays, additional paid floating holiday, accrued paid vacation, and sick time.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in-store.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. WNPA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.