Full Time Information Technology (IT) Manager in Oro Valley, Arizona. HYBRID
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Full Time Information Technology (IT) Manager in Oro Valley, Arizona. HYBRID
Are you a ROCKSTAR IT Manager looking for an organization with an AWESOME company culture?! Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), home-based in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking a Full-Time Information Technology (IT) Manager who will oversee and manage the implementation of application software including RetailPro, Sage 300 ERP, and Office 365 and assuring the quality of systems across 71 national park sites in 12 western states.
WNPA is seeking an adaptable and solution-oriented leader who will direct IT Coordinators and be responsible for associated user support, training, policies and procedures, systems documentation, and database maintenance. This position will require you to act as a liaison among clients, vendors, consultants, technology partners, and internal/external customers and work to ensure the smooth application of WNPA’s software systems. If you love working with application systems, solving problems with a team or individually, and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Supervising the IT Coordinator(s), and any other IT staff, and may coordinate and lead the work of volunteers, contractors and consultants during program/project planning and implementation.
- Implement policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Maintain IT Ticketing System and data by coordinating solutions and ensuring that issues are resolved as quickly as possible by IT Coordinator(s).
- Implement and manage Office365 cloud-based application.
- Investigate and gain an understanding of operational processes and identify needs as they relate to technology and communication equipment and work effectively with operational staff in the coordination of IT projects.
- Perform systems testing on current and future products.
- Keep current with technology updates to ensure technology opportunities are taken advantage of and evaluated—whether the opportunities relate to speed, improved processing, cost efficiencies, etc.—in order to better aid the end user and organization.
- Perform quality assurance on all technology, applications, and processes.
- Recommend appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage and proper backup and recovery procedures are followed.
- Lead and manage end-user training and support.
- Plan, direct, and manage the daily operations of a computer operations department.
- Responsible for the operation of mainframe and peripheral information system equipment and for developing schedules for equipment usage.
- Ensure all WNPA departments have access to necessary reports and develop additional reports as needed.
- Ensure proper function of the company’s information processing system and makes upgrades as necessary.
- Keep computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs and licensing requirements and agreements.
- Maintain working relationships with clients, vendors, consultants, technology partners, and internal/external customers ensuring contracts are kept up to date and cost maintenance strategies are assessed and analyzed on a periodic basis.
- Perform other related duties, as requested or required.
- May require minimal to moderate travel to remote locations involving driving and/or air travel including overnight stays to facilitate system installations and training.
- Physical demands for this role are administrative in nature. For a specific list of physical demands, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years’ experience managing IT functions for a medium to large organization.
- At least five years of professional demonstrated work experience in the field.
- Experience with a non-profit organization a plus.
- Strong computer proficiency, including familiarity with systems, network, and application software.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills; strong organizational skills; and ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of personnel, customers, and partners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to present or convey information clearly and accurately to an individual or group of individuals.
- Ability to analyze, solve problems, and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and maintain attention throughout the performance of duties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot multi-line telephone systems.
- Experience, knowledge, and proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Excel, Explorer, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and fund-raising database applications; experience with, Office365, Azure, Sage and POS Applications software and databases–RetailPro preferred.
- Familiarity with the functionality of copy and FAX machines.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you with excellent employee benefits and support. As a full-time employee you will be eligible for:
- Employee Benefits: Choice of 3 premium subsidized PPO Medical plans with HSA or HRA, PPO Dental, Vision, Optional Voluntary Life, and 403(b) Retirement Plan with fully vested match of 8.33% after 6 months service.
- Company Paid Benefits: Short & Long Term Disability, Employee Group Life, EAP
- Health & Wellness Resources.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in store.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
**Human Resources will provide more details upon hire
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.