Full Time Operations Workforce Development Trainer in Oro Valley, AZ REMOTE, IN OFFICE or HYBRID
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Full Time Operations Workforce Development Trainer in Oro Valley, Arizona. REMOTE, IN OFFICE or HYBRID – preference given to qualified local candidates in the Tucson Metro area.
Are you looking for a role that focuses on supporting the development and training of team members? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), home-based in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking a Full-Time Operations Workforce Development Trainer who will lead the development and training initiative of the Operations team across 71 national park sites in 12 western states.
WNPA is seeking an energetic and passionate leader who will be responsible for the design, delivery, execution, and continuous improvement of training programs for all internal lines of business with the focus to continuously improve operational effectiveness and maximize long-term performance goals. This position will develop relationships with all department managers to conduct ongoing needs assessment, develop curriculum and training courses, develop reinforcements and evaluate training effectiveness to ensure consistency of information of training programs. If you love giving people value through sharing knowledge, cultivating social connections, and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Partner with the Director of Retail to align thoughts and learning experiences with WNPA’s vision, values, strategy, branding, and needs.
- Utilize a variety of techniques, concepts and development, and delivery of training programs and strategies.
- Develop curriculum and design training courses, including reference and how-to guides for new hires, existing employees, and managers.
- Administer group and individual training for designated internal customer groups both online and in person with the ability to deliver, project and motivate trainees through effective training methodologies.
- Conduct needs assessment and identify performance gaps and implement training best practices.
- Evaluate the success of training implementation by assessing achievement of learning objectives and transfer of knowledge to continuously improve training solutions.
- Engage with, lead and motivate others working across the organization for alignment and execution of goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Up to 75% of the time to remote locations involving driving and/or air travel including overnight stays
- Physical demands for this role are administrative in nature. For a specific list of physical demands, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Retail or Consumer Business, Retail Management, Training, and Development, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3-5 years in training development, instructional design, and facilitation (in person or online); or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position or store leadership position in a retail organization
- Training and Development certification preferred
- Experience in adult learning techniques and instruction
- Active listening and critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze, problem-solve, present solutions, and make decisions
- Confident, articulate and professional public speaking both in-person in a retail store setting and online training facilitation (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work alone or with a team
- Ability to organize, multitask and manage time effectively
- Experience with programs/software that include but are not limited to Point of sale (POS) systems- Retail Pro preferred, learning management systems (LMS), databases, videoconference applications, and Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint)
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you with excellent employee benefits and support. As a full-time employee you will be eligible for:
- Employee Benefits: Choice of 3 premium subsidized PPO Medical plans with HSA or HRA, PPO Dental, Vision, Optional Voluntary Life, and 403(b) Retirement Plan with fully vested match of 8.33% after 6 months service.
- Company Paid Benefits: Short & Long Term Disability, Employee Group Life, EAP
- Health & Wellness Resources.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in store.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
**Human Resources will provide more details upon hire.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
#Remote #Hybrid #Training #Trainer #Arizona #Motivation #Curriculum Development #Facilitation #Adult Learning