Full-Time Purchasing and Product Development Coordinator in Oro Valley, Arizona. HYBRID
Job: Full-Time Purchasing and Product Development Coordinator in Oro Valley, Arizona. HYBRID – preference is given to qualified local candidates in the Tucson Metro area.
Are you a detail-oriented and tech-savvy Purchasing and Product Development professional that is looking for a career change to work alongside national parks? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), home-based in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking a Full-Time Purchasing and Product Development Coordinator who will manage inventory databases, monitor stock levels, coordinate orders, and develop interpretive items to maintain a diverse product selection at each of WNPA’s 71 partnering national park sites in 12 western states.
WNPA is seeking an organized, detailed, and customer service-oriented team member to be responsible for maintaining and updating system information and filing. This position will require you to communicate with clients, vendors, consultants, partners, and internal/external customers in order to develop appropriate interpretive items and coordinate orders to ensure order fulfillment. If you love collaborating with many teams, brainstorming possible new products, providing amazing customer service, and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Maintaining the inventory database.
- Processing new item requests.
- Processing add/delete ALU forms for parks.
- Analyzing inventory and generating purchase orders based on prior history and current trends.
- Tracking and filing vendor order confirmations.
- Tracking open purchase orders.
- Following up with vendors about open purchase orders
- Identifying discontinued items and update database accordingly
- Following up with individual park location regarding delivered products that have not been processed
- Maintaining vendor and catalog files.
- Providing excellent customer service to field including troubleshooting order problems and communicating solutions.
- Confirming order shipments and timelines.
- Working to optimize the flow of purchases, receiving, and payment functions.
- Coordinating new product development for park specific items.
- Other duties as assigned.
Infrequent; may accompany Director of Purchase & Product Development to field sites, vendor shows or showrooms, conferences o,r trade shows.
Physical demands for this role are administrative in nature. For a specific list of physical demands, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience preparing, processing, checking or tracking purchase orders and purchase requisitions, ordering materials, goods and supplies in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of standard purchasing policies, procedures and regulations.
- Strong computer skills, including prior experience maintaining databases.
- Prior experience with Retail Pro v9 (preferred).
- Must have basic math skills and ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Planning, researching, prioritizing organization, analysis, problem-solving, multitasking, and communication.
- Diplomatic and effective communication, verbally and in writing, with internal employees as well as WNPA’s Home Office team, and vendors.
- Interpreting instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or other formats.
- Making independent– and at times quick– judgments and ability to maintain attention throughout performance of duties.
- Ability to work alone or with a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to fulfill job requirements.
- Knowledge of purchase orders and related accounts payable documentation.
- Understanding of and ability to interpret vendor invoices and statements and other requests for payment.
- Familiarity with/ability to use database software applications.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you with an outstanding employee benefits package and support. As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for:
- Choice of 3 premium subsidized PPO Medical plans with built-in HSA or HRA, PPO Dental, Vision, Flex Medical Savings Plan, Dependent Care Savings Plan, Optional Voluntary Term Life, and 403(b) Retirement Plan with a fully vested 100% match up to 8.33% of income after 6 months service.
- Company Paid Benefits include: Short- & Long-Term Disability, a $50,000 Employee Group Life policy, EAP, and Health & Wellness resources.
- Eleven paid holidays, additional paid floating holiday, accrued paid vacation, and sick time.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in-store.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. WNPA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.