Full-Time Retail Park Store Manager in East Tucson, Arizona
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Full-Time Retail Park Store Manager in East Tucson, Arizona
Do you love national parks? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), is seeking a Full-Time Retail Park Store Manager who will lead the daily retail operations of the Rincon Mountain Visitor Center at Saguaro National Park East in the Tucson, Arizona Rincon Mountain District area. The park store is an extension of the national park experience and we pride ourselves on helping park visitors create lifetime memories. Revenue from purchases made at the park store supports education, research, national park projects, and community engagement at 71 national park units across 12 western states.
Our retail operations team at Saguaro National Park East is looking for a passionate and collaborative leader who will be responsible for all store functions related to running a $1-million-dollar revenue retail store including but not limited to achieving sales and high customer service ratings. In addition to supporting business planning and financial growth of store operations, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining positive, productive relationships with our National Park partners. If you love being in national parks and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Lead and manage all day-to-day retail store operations.
- Learn and develop expertise regarding park interpretations and Historical significance.
- Report to Arizona Region Operations Manager
- Provide support to Saguaro West Staff as an intermittent manager when needed.
- Provide excellent visitor and customer service.
- Availability to work during high visitation periods which include weekends.
- Manage store inventory levels, facilities, and other assets.
- Hold monthly meetings with the Saguaro West Manager to discuss store operations and priorities.
- Prepare for and participate in monthly regional zoom meetings and WNPA All Staff meetings.
- Responsible for clean and effective merchandising of products.
- Hire, train, lead and retain staff.
- Support staffing needs at Saguaro West.
- Monitor and drive store initiatives to reach financial goals.
- Follow guidelines established in the Park Store Manager Priority List to meet monthly expectations.
- Conduct physical inventory cycle and year-end counts to ensure accurate inventory.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on store profit and loss statements and budgets.
- Collaborate with Saguaro West, NPS, and WNPA Home Office staff to develop educational retail sales products that engage visitors.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly sales monitoring and reporting.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer WNPA staff members.
- Act as an ambassador of WNPA and the NPS to ensure park visitors have meaningful and memorable experiences.
- Participate in Park Events as necessary.
This position will have the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily perform work indoors, where temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud during times of high customer volume or special events. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions. Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day. Desk time is occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Make repetitive motions, especially of the hands and wrist (grasp, pinch, type, write) and legs and back (stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, crouch).
- Regularly climb and balance to hang merchandise and retrieve product.
- Communicate effectively (talk, listen and hear, see both near and far with accurate depth and color perception).
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull up to 50 pounds a distance of about 25 feet.
Occasional travel may be required to perform operational tasks and attend various local events or speaking engagements. Occasional overnight trips may be required. Additionally, may be required to use personal or company vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
You must have the following qualifications and/or experience unless otherwise noted:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Prior retail and Point of Sales (POS) System experience (preferred).
- Visual merchandising experience (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer programs including Internet, databases, and Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Knowledge of office equipment including computers, printers, calculators, multiline touch tone phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers, and dollies.
- Planning, organization, analyzation, problem solving, multitasking, and communication.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, and professional business standards.
- Ability to pass NPS background check to obtain necessary security clearance
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you with excellent employee benefits and support. As a full-time employee you will be eligible for:
- Employee Benefit: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employee Match**, Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Health & Wellness Resources.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in store
**Human Resources will provide more details upon hire.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.