Payroll/Human Resource Specialist in Oro Valley, Arizona. IN-OFFICE or HYBRID (Full-Time)
Job: Payroll/Human Resource Specialist in Oro Valley, Arizona. IN-OFFICE or HYBRID (hybrid 3 days in office minimum)
Are you an awesome experienced Payroll/HR Specialist looking for a role where your skills, knowledge, and input are valued? Believe in working for an organization with a social purpose? If you’re ready to make a difference and have fun while doing it, this job opportunity is for you! Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), home-based in Oro Valley, Arizona is seeking a Full-Time Payroll/HR Specialist who will be a key member of the Human Resources team.
WNPA is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented specialist responsible for the accurate & timely processing of a bi-weekly multi-state payroll in 15 states utilizing ADP Workforce Now. In addition to Payroll and related duties, the position will work directly with and assist the Human Resources Director with benefits administration, monthly bill reconciliation, policy administration, FMLA requests, compliance, internal & external audits, and assisting employees with general Human Resource-related questions.
If you are seeking to expand your existing payroll and human resources knowledge and love being a Human Resource professional and know how to have fun doing it, you might be a perfect fit! Ready to join our warm, friendly and welcoming team? Apply online today and include a cover letter to let us know why you’re excited about this opportunity.
- Manage payroll process that includes importing, exporting, proofing, editing, processing, and transmitting all payroll, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, and manual payments consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Analyze and audit payroll data for accuracy of posting, including intercompany transactions.
- Prepare journal entries related to payroll and benefits and provide information timely and accurately to the finance team.
- Audit and verify quarterly tax reporting as well as year-end reporting (W2, W2c, 1095’s, etc.)
- Monitors leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick time for employees to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Process garnishments calculations and compliance, support orders, tax levies in the HRMS system and responds timely to Courts.
- HRMS maintenance to input and update employee data, generate reports and support HR processes as well as manage the overall payroll workflow. Ensure data accuracy and system integrity.
- Assists in the ongoing administration of all health & welfare benefit programs, supplemental insurance, and 403(b) and Roth retirement plans.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry of benefit enrollments, changes, or terminations in the HRMS system and vendor/carrier websites.
- Address payroll, benefits and general HR inquiries from employees, managers, and third parties promptly and professionally. Investigate and resolve discrepancies, errors, and disputes.
- Process improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements within the payroll and HR functions. Collaborate with HR team to implement best practices and streamline processes.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Communicates with employees about policy/procedure changes and resolving employee concerns.
- Assist with complaints/investigations.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- May occasionally be required to travel to various WNPA sites as needed.
- Physical demands for this role are administrative in nature. For a specific list of physical demands, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of five years direct experience in payroll (ADP Workforce Now experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Business, or related field a plus but not required.
- Minimum of three years of prior experience in human resources, benefits administration, and HRMS utilization (ADP Workforce Now experience preferred).
- Experience with a variety of computer programs including but not limited to the Internet, databases, Video conferencing software (i.e. Zoom), and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint).
- Strong knowledge of all federal and state regulations, filing, and compliance requirements, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, 401 K, and DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple tasks, priorities, and projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail, must be highly organized, and possess excellent customer service and follow-up skills.
- Experience in producing and presenting formal reports to management.
- Excellent organization and multi-talking skills to set priorities
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Possess effective facilitation skills to manage conflict and resolve disputes.
- Excellent networking skill to build internal and external networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
Casual, fun, supportive and collaborative work environment. In addition, WNPA is committed to providing an outstanding employee benefits package and support including:
- Choice of 3 employer premium subsidized PPO Medical plans with built-in HSA or HRA, PPO Dental, Vision, Flex Medical Savings Plan, Dependent Care Savings Plan, Optional Voluntary Term Life, and 403(b) Retirement Plan with a fully vested 100% match up to 8.33% of compensation after just 6 months service!
- 100% Company Paid Benefits include: Short- & Long-Term Disability, a $50,000 Employee Group Life policy, EAP, and Health & Wellness resources.
- Eleven paid holidays, additional paid floating holiday, paid vacation, and sick time that accrue from day 1.
- Employee Appreciation: 15% Discount on employee purchases in-store.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. WNPA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.