Volunteer for WNPA and National Parks
Dozens of national parks fans volunteer to keep operations humming at Western National Parks Association and its 70+ partner parks. Any adult with a love for our American treasures can volunteer. You can donate your time and talent to:
- help the public in national park stores and visitor center
- provide administrative support
- provide educational programs in the community
- support national park and WNPA events
Our friendly volunteers are dedicated to enhancing the national park experience for everyone who visits, today and tomorrow. As a thank you, we offer a 15 percent discount in the store of the location where they volunteer for WNPA.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Fill out an application and mail it to or drop it off at a national park or WNPA.
Mail to: Western National Parks Association
12880 N. Vistoso Village Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85755
- Participate in an interview. WNPA will check references.
- If accepted, your name will be maintained in a volunteer database. Assignments, which are not guaranteed, are by function or department, not a park site.
- If assigned, you will receive training for your new volunteer activity.
- When you’re ready to fulfill your assignment, you’ll receive a badge to proudly show your commitment to helping WNPA and its partner parks.
Where to Volunteer
You can submit an application even if there may not be any opportunities at the moment. Here’s a list of parks with volunteer opportunities.
Bandelier National Monument, Los Alamos, NM
Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve, Mosca, CO
Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, Mountainair, NM
We have always enjoyed visiting National Parks. Now it’s my time to give back to a great organization by being a volunteer.
Our national parks are a treasure, and I hope to do my small part by volunteering, to support them.
Volunteering is my way to support our national parks and to give back to the community.