Volunteer for WNPA and National Parks
Dozens of national parks fans volunteer to keep operations humming at Western National Parks Association and its 70+ partner parks. Any adult with a love for our American treasures can volunteer. You can donate your time and talent to:
- helping the public in national park stores and visitor center
- providing administrative support
- providing educational programs in the community
- supporting national park and WNPA events
Our friendly volunteers are dedicated to enhancing the national park experience for everyone who visits. As a thank you, you’ll receive a 15 percent discount in the WNPA store where you volunteer.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Fill out the application and mail it to or drop it off at WNPA or one of our park partners.
Mail to: Western National Parks Association
Attn: Caroline Lochner
12880 N. Vistoso Village Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85755
- Your information will be maintained in a volunteer database and if accepted, we will contact you for an interview. Volunteer assignments are made based on the needs of a department or area and may be in a park store or at WNPA headquarters.
- If you receive an assignment after your interview, you will receive training for your volunteer activity.
- When you’re ready to fulfill your assignment, you’ll receive a badge to proudly show your commitment to helping WNPA and its partner parks.
Where to Volunteer
You can submit an application even if there may not be any opportunities at the moment. Here’s a list of parks with volunteer opportunities.
Bandelier National Monument, Los Alamos, NM
Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, Coolidge, AZ
Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve, Mosca, CO
Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, Mountainair, NM
We have always enjoyed visiting National Parks. Now it’s my time to give back to a great organization by being a volunteer.
Our national parks are a treasure, and I hope to do my small part by volunteering, to support them.
Volunteering is my way to support our national parks and to give back to the community.