Part-Time Temporary Retail Park Store Associate in East Tucson, Arizona
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Part-Time Temporary Retail Park Store Associate in East Tucson, Arizona
Do you love national parks? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), is seeking a Part-Time Retail Park Store Associate who will assist daily retail operations of Saguaro National Park East in Tucson, Arizona from January to May. The park store is an extension of the national park experience and we pride ourselves on helping park visitors create lifetime memories. Revenue from purchases made at the park store supports education, research, national park projects, and community engagement at 71 national park units across 12 western states.
Our retail operations team is looking for passionate team members who will support all store functions related to running a retail store including but not limited to achieving sales and high customer service ratings. In addition to supporting general store operations, you will be responsible for maintaining positive, productive relationships with our National Park partners. If you love being in national parks and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
- Support day-to-day retail store operations.
- Provide excellent visitor and customer service.
- Complete sales transactions.
- Assist retail manager(s) as directed with store duties such as inventory, receiving, stocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising.
- Responsible for clean and effective merchandising of products.
- Become an expert in the educational value of store products and be able to communicate the significance to store visitors.
- Assist with special events, as requested after normal business hours and on weekends.
- Help conduct physical inventory cycle and year-end counts to ensure accurate inventory.
- Act as an ambassador of WNPA and the NPS to ensure park visitors have meaningful and memorable experiences.
This position will have the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily perform work indoors, where temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud during times of high customer volume or special events. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions. Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day. Desk time is occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Make repetitive motions, especially of the hands and wrist (grasp, pinch, type, write) and legs and back (stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, crouch).
- Regularly climb and balance to hang merchandise and retrieve product.
- Communicate effectively (talk, listen and hear, see both near and far with accurate depth and color perception).
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull up to 50 pounds a distance of about 25 feet.
Occasional travel may be required to various local events or speaking engagements. Occasional overnight trips may be required. Additionally, may be required to use personal or company vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
You must have the following qualifications and/or experience unless otherwise noted:
- High School diploma or GED required—unless currently a high school student
- Prior retail and point of sale system experience (preferred).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer programs including Internet, databases, and Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Knowledge of office equipment including computers, printers, calculators, multiline touch tone phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers, and dollies.
- Planning, organization, analyzation, problem solving, multitasking, and communication.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We are committed to providing you value and support. As a part-time employee you will be eligible for:
- Employee Benefits: 403(b) Retirement Plan**, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Appreciation: Store Discount of 15% on your purchases
**Human Resources will provide more details upon hire.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Western National Parks Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.